Sunday, March 25, 2012

T-Shirt Dress and Headbands




T-Shirt Dress and Headbands

Saw this tutorial via pinterest.com for making a baby dress out of an old t-shirt. I have not attempted to sew any articles of clothing since I was about 10 years old and ended up sobbing over the sewing machine at my lopsided attempt at PJ pants. But it's been 15 years since then, so I was willing to give it another go. I loved the little crushed flowers on this t-shirt dress so I merged the two patterns. You can find the tutorial for the braided headband {here}. I even stuck a little crushed flower on the headband. Oh what endless possibilities! Perfect for easy summer play attire.

I just hemmed the sleeves of the little blue dress by hand, without making any binding.


This cute little pink and blue stripped dress is a bit too big for her right now, but she will keep growing, I'm sure! I made binding for the bottom and the sleeves and it gave them a little flare. Also put in some ties for an easy sash. The sweet pleats on the front were part of the original T-shirt.

Pin It

1 comment:

  1. Hi, You are post Very interesting Dress story!! Great work with this... Really impressed at the hard work and dedication you guys have put in!!!
    Thanks
    Amy Georgia
    "Taufe Kleidung"

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love!