Thursday, March 1, 2012

Bird Quilt for Mama

Hand-Quilted Bird Quilt for My Mama
Pin It
One of my mother's pet peeves is when birds displayed in art aren't real species. I had been thinking about making Mom a quilt, and when I saw this fabric, I knew this would be an "easy" project because I didn't have to create a quilt top (and the birds are actually real species). I bought the quilt top fabric, batting and coordinating backing fabric then I began the process of hand-quilting each square. Each square took me about 20 minutes to quilt, so this baby took me weeks to complete but it was great fun and so relaxing. This quilt now lives on the back of a couch at my parent's house and is frequently used. I'm super pleased with how it came out...



Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some love!