Thursday, March 1, 2012

Recovering the Baby Glider

Recovering the Baby Glider
Pin It

My sweet sister Jenny was given this glider when my niece Ally was born (14 years ago now) and it was then covered in blue and white checkered fabric. She gave permission for me to re-cover it for Emma's owl themed nursery and here is the result! I think that the fabric looks a bit like owl's eyes. (Thanks, Jo-Ann!) I was really intimidated but honestly this took a DAY to complete!

First we took off the original cover and made a pattern to figure out how much fabric we needed. Then I cut the fabric via the pattern we had made, sewed the two big pieces together and stuffed the cushion back in (lots of eye-balling involved and looking again at the original cover). Then Mom helped me remove the ottoman cushion (it was just screwed into the ottoman frame), recover via staple gun, and screw back on.
I use it every single day and I love it!
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some love!