Tuesday, March 20, 2012

DIY Soft Baby Rings

DIY Soft Baby Rings Tutorial:
Pin It

Saw this idea and just went for it! Great "church toys" because they are quiet, she can stick them in her mouth as much as she's like AND when they get dirty, just throw them in the washing machine! Cost to me: $0 because I used scraps!

Step 1: Assemble your scraps and decide how many rings you want to string together (I did three but you could do as many as you'd like!).

Step 2: Cut your pieces (sew together if you only have small pieces) so that you have one strip for each ring that is 7" x 3".

Step 3: Fold your strip in half long-wise (right sides together) and sew a seam 1/4" in, starting at the short end, and going along the long side. Do not sew the last short end!

Step 4: Turn your strip inside out. A chopstick, pencil, or pair of scissors works pretty well for helping turn this puppy right-side-out.

Step 5: Stuff your tube. I used some pillow stuffing that I had leftover, or I discovered that a plastic bag from the grocery store works well to give it some crinkle! Use scissors to cut a plastic bag into 2"-ish strips and stuff until you achieve your desired puffiness!

Step 6: Fold the short end in on itself 1/4" and sew shut
Step 7: Fold your filled tube on itself and top stitch to secure. NOTE: make sure you link the next circle to the last one BEFORE you sew it shut!

I made the above one from fabric that matches this baby quilt. What an easy homemade baby gift idea!

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some love!