Friday, March 2, 2012

Owl Pillow

Owl Pillow Tutorial


Pin It

I saw this owl pillow on Etsy and it inspired me to make my own for Emma's owl-themed nursery. Would you believe that I had everything to make this pillow in my scrap stash except the cording and the pillow form?! Total cost to me: $5. Score!

First I cut my tan background fabric and the soft minky fabric for the back according to the size of my pillow form (plus 1/2" on all sides for seam allowance). Then I cut out my owls and tree branch from my scraps. Using iron-on adhesive, I adhered the owls and branch to the tan fabric. Then I hand-stitched around the owls to further secure them to the tan fabric. I had never made cording for the edge of a pillow before but I'm really happy with how this turned out. I used this tutorial from Sew, Mama, Sew. Make the cording, attach it to the front, attach the tan fabric (with the cording sewn onto it now) to the backing fabric, turn the whole thing inside out, stuff with the pillow form, sew up the turn-it-rightside-out hole and done!!


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some love!