Friday, March 23, 2012

Ripe Cherries Quilt

Ripe Cherries Quilt


Pin It

I don't usually buy fabric on a whim but this was one time that I did. I saw this fabric series at Jo-Ann and thought "I need this!". Well, it turned out pretty great, although I don't suggest buying things on a whim at Jo-Ann as a general rule. ;) I bought 1/4 yard of several different matching fabrics and cut them into different widths. Then I pieced them together until each square ended up the same size (trimming when necessary). After attaching the sashing and borders, it sat in my closet for about a year. Yup, a whole year of me not sure how I wanted to quilt this baby. Then I decided to do it by hand (call me crazy, but it was fun). Loop-de-loops on the borders, a big daisy pattern in the middle of each square, and a branch with leaves decorates each sashing piece. I LOVE how this one turned out. So maybe it isn't so bad to buy fabric on a whim...
Pin It

1 comment:

Leave me some love!