Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Door Jam Tutorial

Door Jam Tutorial
Pin It

I really don't like how Emma's nursery room door clicks when I shut it. Saw a similar idea for sale on etsy for big money, so I made my own in honestly about 4 minutes. I used white thread so you could see what I stitched, but I'd recommend a coordinating color to your fabric (aka, you can see it's not perfect, but to me, that means it's homemade!).

You'll need:
Scrap of fabric
Sewing machine (or a needle and thread if you're patient)
Two hair ties (color coordinate with your fabric or just use whatever you have on hand)

Step 1) Cut a piece of fabric 2 1/2" x 7 1/2" (I cut my only 2" wide, but it could stand to be a bit wider)

Step 2) Hem the long sides of your strip by folding over the edge 1/4" and sewing

Step 3) Fold your hair tie so that it's two circles and put your fabric through it. Fold the fabric in half and top stitch next to the hair tie so that it stays at the end of your fabric.

Step 4) Double up your other hair tie and thread through the fabric so it's in the middle.


Step 5) Fold your un-hemmed edges in 1/4" and sew to secure.

Step 6) Slide the middle hair tie to the edge your just hemmed and top stitch to secure it to the other end.
When not in use, it can just hang on the back of the door knob!
Pin It

2 comments:

Leave me some love!