Monday, February 20, 2012

See how much I love quilting?

My mother and sister took a sewing class together many years ago where they made many beautiful quilt blocks. But they never actually assembled the blocks together, making a quilt. These gorgeous squares have just been sitting in a closet for about 10 years. I got the okay to finish them while I was waiting for Emma Penelope to be born. (I needed a project that could be set down at anytime when she arrived but didn't want to start from scratch). I made my sister Jenny's quilt squares into this throw and gave it to her in the hospital room after Emma was born.

I stitched in the ditch for the main squares, but the borders are special. It's family tradition at my house that when the girls have to part company, then use their pointer finger to draw "x" and "o" in the air as the other is driving away. So, I figured it was only fitting to quilt an "x" in each little corner square, and "o" along the borders. :)

Here is what I looked like while sewing this quilt (oh Mama!):
And here I am, about 3 hours after giving birth, giving Jenny her quilt! Hooray!
Best thing to do while waiting for Emma, for sure!
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some love!