Saturday, February 18, 2012

My Favorite Quilt!

I have made quite a few quilts. But this one is my favorite:
I picked out a pattern from a quilting magazine and determined to create my own version of this beauty:

So I picked my fabrics:

Cut my fabrics:



Assembled the squares and strips:


Sewed the squares to the strips:

And then I sewed the strips together. That completed the quilt top. Then it was time for phase two! Layer the backing, batting, and quilt top together and pin everywhere!

I decided to hand-quilt this one in a fan pattern.

Took several weeks, but this is my favorite quilt I have ever done. Perfection! I entered it into a JoAnn Fabric Quilt Contest and I won a $10 gift card! Not bad!
Here's the back:
If you think quilting is too hard, think again. Anyone can quilt and create an heirloom of their own. My favorite thing about quilts is that they leave a legacy and tell a story. While I quilted this quilt, I listened the "The Hiding Place" by Corrie Ten Boom. Great memory!

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some love!