Saturday, February 18, 2012

Christmas Eve and Dill Dip



My father is a music pastor which means every Christmas Eve he will be working hard to prepare for the evening service at church, leaving no time for a sit-down dinner. Mom's solution? Finger foods after church. This has been our tradition for years and it has become something the whole family looks forward to. The menu usually involves little hot dogs, chicken wings, Hawaiian bread with dill dip, and cut up veggies with ranch. In 2011, Mom added hummus and brie! My absolute favorite part of our Christmas Eve spread is the Hawaiian bread and dill dip. As my friend Laura says about a tasty food, "I could bathe in it!" (Pictured front and center!)

Dill Dip

3/4 cup sour cream
3/4 cup mayonnaise
1 Tbl minced onion (dried)
1 Tbl dried parsley
1 tsp dill weed
1 tsp Beau Monde or Bon Appetit seasoning

Mix all ingredients and chill!
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some love!