Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Word of the year 2014




2013's word was EXCESS. I managed to donate about 700 items in the course of the year. We have less stuff (although it still seems like a lot when it's not organized) and I feel so much more free. No regrets whatsoever about getting rid of what we don't need.

2014's word is THANKFULNESS. I finally read One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp in November and it had a beautiful impact on me. Most importantly I was struck by her point that in Philippians 4:11-12, Paul says "I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want." (emphasis added). He says "learned" twice, implying that thankfulness and contentment are LEARNED via practice.

So I have decided in 2014, I am going to be more thankful. I am going to train my brain to give thanks in everything because this is God's will for me (1 Thess. 5:18). I am keeping a journal all year of things that I am thankful for. Naming my blessings makes them more real. So here we go!

THANKFULLY His,
Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some love!