Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Organizing the closet

Saw this tutorial on Pinterest from SewManyWays.blogspot.com to create magazine holders out of cereal boxes. I don't have many magazines, but what I DO have is manuals. Household manuals, children's toys manuals, kitchen manuals and they were a big disorganized mess. I whipped up a couple of these babies and now the manuals are easily accessible. Yes!



Step 1) Take a standard sized cereal box and measure 5" from the bottom on one of the short sides.

Step 2) Measure from the line you just drew, across the large side up to the corner, creating your diagonal line.

Step 3) Cut along the lines you drew to create the magazine rack shape

Step 4) Use wrapping paper or fabric to cover the ugly cereal box. Cut the wrapping paper to the proper size, leaving a few inches to fold over, spray the box with spray adhesive and press on to secure.


Step 5) Add a scrap of paper (or something cuter) as a label and you're set.


Also from Sew Many Ways are tons of ideas for organizing. I found me some shoe boxes and I labeled them (who wouldda thunk it). Never again will I be searching high and low for batteries nor will my husband ask me where the stamps are. Thanks for helping me get a start on organizing my closet, Sew Many Ways!

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some love!