Friday, March 2, 2012

Recovering a Boppy Nursing Pillow

Recovering a Boppy Nursing Pillow

Pin It


I bought a new Boppy pillow on Craigslist for $10 but I didn't love the cover it was in. So I made my own to go with Emma's pink, brown, and green owl themed nursery. I found fabric I loved and bought 1/2 yard of each. I made a pattern by tracing the Boppy and adding a few inches (I wish I had made the pattern a bit bigger as it was a really tight squeeze to get the pillow in--but I did it!). Then I cut out the brown fabric for the front. I cut the green polka dot fabric in two pieces to create an envelope to stuff the pillow in (make sure you pay attention to how you cut your polka dot fabric so that the right side is facing out). Hem the longer side of your polk dot fabric (you can see the hemmed side in the very middle of the Boppy in the picture). Pin the three pieces of fabric together (right sides together), and sew a 1/4" seam around the edge. Turn right side out then stuff your Boppy into the new cover. Perfect!
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some love!