Friday, April 5, 2013

Possessions Fast



Two friends at church are running the 54 mile Comrades Ultra Marathon in South Africa to raise money for World Vision (an organization that provides clean water to many). To help raise money, my Sunday school class has organized a possessions fast. Let me know if you want to join us (and how timely that this is happening during my focus on "excess" this year)!


Join us in going on a Possessions Fast for the month of April. The possessions that you collect will be sold to raise funds for World Vision as Anthony (pictured above) and Wendy prepare to run 54 miles in the Comrades Ultra Marathon (South Africa). Details for the fast are below.
Possessions Fast
- Collect 7 possessions per day for every day in April that you can do without.
- Retain the 210 possession at your home until the end of the month
- Deliver your possessions to a designated location after the fast.
- Your possessions will be sold to raise funds for World Vision.

If you want to participate, let me know and I will forward you the contact info of the people organizing it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some love!